Hearing that your son or daughter may need braces can be worrisome for any family. You may be unsure of what that means for their day-to-day needs or about the costs. At Lovett Dental Missouri City, we offer comprehensive orthodontics. When you see our orthodontist talk about your needs, we will provide you with all of the information you need to make the right decisions.
Who May Need Orthodontic Services?
Orthodontics is a commonly needed treatment. Many people have teeth that come in that are misaligned. We often recommend having your dentist refer you to an orthodontist if they believe your son or daughter may benefit from our services.
Adults can also receive this type of care. Our orthodontics are available to most people. We may be able to help you if you have:
- Misaligned teeth
- Teeth that have gaps between them
- Crowded teeth
- Overlaps in your teeth
In these situations, we can offer treatments that work to align your teeth using gentle force properly. You do not have to worry about pain during this process. What you can find is an improvement in your smile and confidence that comes with it.
Types of Orthodontics We Offer
Choosing the right orthodontic services for you is a big step. That is why we recommend coming in to seek our team so we can discuss with you what your options are. Our team can provide a full consultation to take a closer look at your needs. Then, we may recommend orthodontics such as these:
- Traditional Metal Braces: Still one of the most common options today, traditional metal braces are very effective. Today’s versions are far improved from those from years ago. They do not hurt and they can work faster than ever. They do have brackets that attach to the teeth and, through tightening and adjusting them, we can work to properly align your teeth.
- Ceramic Braces: Clear ceramic braces are typically one of the best options for many people because they are hard to see. If you want the benefits of metal braces but you do not want anyone to know you have them, this type of solution can work very well. Of course, your needs are always important to consider.
- Clear Tray Aligners: Clear tray aligners go the next step. These are trays, rather than brackets, that are placed on your teeth. They are fitted just for you, which means they work right away to start moving your teeth into the desired location. These trays are clear, and that means no one has to know you have them in unless you tell them. You can also take them out to help with cleaning and care for your smile.
Where Do You Start When it Comes to Seeing an Orthodontist?
We encourage you to schedule a consultation with our orthodontics team right away. You do not need to wait to see another dentist to do so. However, we need to ensure your oral health is as good as possible before using this treatment option. That is why we may recommend other types of treatments and specialized care to achieve these goals.
Our team may recommend other services in our office that may benefit you. This may include:
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Tooth extraction services
- General dental cleanings
- Pediatric dental services
- Cosmetic dental services
Schedule a Consultation with Lovett Dental Missouri City to Learn More
Orthodontics does not have to be overwhelming or worrisome. Our team can help you. If you need orthodontic services, our offices can help you to improve your smile in no time. Reach out to schedule a consultation with an orthodontist from Lovett Dental Missouri City today. Call 281.346.9597, or contact us online to make an appointment.