Most parents want to do whatever they can to improve their child’s dental health. Braces for kids can sometimes seem like a troubling decision. Knowing the value of braces can help to make that decision. Every child’s needs are different, so it’s essential to work closely with a trusted dentist to learn if this is a beneficial investment for your child. At Lovett Dental Missouri City, we offer traditional braces and clear tray aligners that can solve many types of alignment concerns. Please contact Lovett Dental Missouri City today at 281-969-5099 to discuss your child’s dental health.
Signs Dental Braces for Kids May Be a Good Choice
There are various reasons to invest in braces for your son or daughter. Generally speaking, this can help in any situation in which there are alignment problems with your child’s teeth. These signs may include:
- Teeth crowding when the teeth are too large for the space provided, leading to problems with dental hygiene
- Underbite occurs when the lower row of teeth protrude past the upper row
- Overbite occurs when the top row of teeth protrude too far over the bottom row
- Spacing problems, including any open gaps between the teeth
- Misplaced midline occurs when the center of the lower row of teeth does not align with the center of the upper row of teeth
Various other risk factors may also make braces for kids a good idea. To find out if they may benefit your son or daughter, schedule an examination with our pediatric dentistry.
Key Benefits of Pediatric Braces
The outcome of your child’s use of braces is dependent on many factors, including their overall dental health and the condition itself. However, many people will see a number of key benefits when investing in them. Some of those may include:
- Improved dental hygiene, preventing early decay: Properly aligned teeth are easier to clean, which leads to less risk of early tooth decay and gum disease associated with improper cleaning.
- Improved self-confidence: Many children and teens are very self-conscious about the way their teeth look. By using braces, they’ll significantly enhance their smile without significant challenges. That can boost their self-confidence every time they smile.
- Improve better chewing habits: Pediatric braces are often the ideal solution for improving healthy eating habits. They may help your son or daughter to have better digestion as a result.
There are many other potential benefits to investing in braces for kids. That includes a reduced risk of bone loss and improved speech by those who are struggling with it.
Improve Your Child’s Dental Health with Lovett Dental Missouri City
At Lovett Dental Missouri City, our dedicated team of professionals is here to help you determine the right type of support for your child’s smile. Making the decision to get braces isn’t one you want to make without ample help and support. Let our pediatric dentistry team offer insight and guidance to you every step of the way.
Come in for a consultation. We’ll take x-rays and offer insight into the wide range of options to improve your child’s smile. Braces may be the ideal choice for many kids. We can provide you with insight into what type of results you can expect from bracing, too.
Let us help you with all of your child’s needs, including:
- General dentistry services
- Cosmetic dental services
- Oral surgery services
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Dental implant services
Don’t put off any of your child’s dental care needs. Lovett Dental Missouri City is readily available to help resolve all of your concerns. Our complete pediatric dentist office is ready to help your child get all of the services they need, including braces for kids. To get started, call to set up an appointment at 281-969-5099 or connect with us now online.